Ararat Gallery TAMA (Textile Art Museum Australia)
82 Vincent Street, Ararat
Victoria 3377, Australia
Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
Weekends 10am to 4pm
Closed Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day
and New Year’s Day
ANZAC Day 1pm to 4pm
Ararat lies at an important junction of several highways about 198 kilometres north west of Melbourne.
Due to the Western Highway Duplication Project between Beaufort and Ararat travellers may experience delays.
Driving Times & Distances
Limited parking is available on site near the art gallery entrance (six spots plus one accessible spot).
Parking is also available within close proximity of the gallery on Barkly Street, High Street and a limited amount in Vincent Street.
Trains run directly to Ararat from Southern Cross Station daily with coach connections to Halls Gap, Hamilton, Warrnambool and Horsham. Centrally located to the Grampians National Park, the Goldfields, the South Coast and to Metropolitan Melbourne, the Ararat Region is not far from anywhere!
- Accessible parking space, at the front of the building located in the carpark to the side if the cafe
- Automatic glass doors with sensor to enter the building
- Accessible toilet located on the ground floor, near entrance (including baby change facilities)
- Wheelchair access to all areas of the gallery, flat level surface
- Commercial accessible lift between ground and first floor
- Tactile indicators at the bottom and top of stairs
- Exhibitions are set up with wide browsing space that can accommodate a wheelchair or scooter
- Touch samples are availble with some exhibitions
- Assistance dogs are welcome
The gallery may be available as a venue to complement the many hire spaces available within the Ararat Town Hall.
The gallery's abiding focus is protecting the artworks we have on display and in our care. As always, availability of spaces is dependent on collection, exhibition and programming considerations.
Therefore, spaces may be available for hire for intimate events such as book launches, policy and program announcements and professional gatherings that align with the gallery's purpose and brand.
The gallery's Art Craft Workshop is available to hire and is perfect for creative activities, meetings and social occasions.
The gallery's exhibition spaces are not available to hire for displays or exhibitions.